Je bekijkt de reis...
Reisverslag East, West and EVERYTHING in between.
15 mei 2016
East, West and EVERYTHING in between.
The trip started in new york, in a hostel in Brooklyn at Saturday night April 23rd. We met each other in the lobby, all quiet and a little shy. You look around and think... These are the people I have to spend the next 3 weeks with!
There were a lot of friends that signed up for the trip together and only a few that were travelling alone. Sadly for me because in the beginning they all stayed together a lot, so it was hard to socialise with them. But it all turned out good eventually :)
New York- Washington D.C. - Shanendoah national park - Wythville - Nashville - Memphis - New Orleans, that were just our stops alone in the first week. 6 campsites and 6 times setting up tent and breaking up camp at 7 o'clock in the morning. Which meant we did not have a lot of sleep. Specially in the three cities of music. Nashville, country music. Memphis, city of blues, and New Orleans, city of jazz. We stayed out late and got up early.. at least we tried waking up with the alarm, didn't always happen.
Week 2 and 3 went by even faster than the first. In new Orleans for half of our group the trip ended, but we also gained new people. So big part of the people I was hanging out with, left in new Orleans so I had to find my way again in the smaller group, with 80% Germans. It was hard but made the best of it with the other 20%. :D
Week 2 and 3 was the part where we went to 5 national parks, 1 tribute park and a few historic cities. Each and every national park was beautiful in its own way. But grand canyon was the most impressive to see. I even hiked into the canyon on the famous bright angle trail. Insane how small you can feel out there!
And our last park visit was to yosemite national park, if you have a apple computer you have seen pictures of this park millions of times on you backgrounds. Haha and if you have a north face clothing peace... that logo is based on a rock called half dome, locate in midst of yosemite national park. The view out there was also amazing, especially when I hiked the panorama trail, 13 km long with 90% of the time a view over the valley and its mountains. It was surreal, I was hiking in bright sun that you can feel burning but along the trail there was still some snow left. And across the valley were lots of mountains still covered in snow.
I might not have processed it all but one thing I know for sure, I fell in love with the incredible nature and though hikes that America has to offer. Even that much that I was really bumbed to be in a city during this trip.
Only 2,5 weeks to go before I'll be home sweet home. And I'll spend those in independence again. It's time to stand next to ashley and support her on the day she says 'yes I do'. My dress is ready, my shoes have arrived and my speech is done. Bring on the wedding!! :)
(Stiekem verheug ik me ook wel beetje op het thuis komen in nederland. Weer het 'normale' leven. Hoe genieten dit leventje ook is. :D)
Foto's bij verslag (14)
16 mei 2016 16:11 | Door: Claire
Wauw Anne wat heb je veel gezien en mogen meemaken!
Geniet van de laatste weken en de bruiloft! xxx